You’ve found the woman you’ll spend the rest of your life with. Now, it’s time to find the engagement ring that will make her say yes to your life together, forever.
Looking for the best engagement rings in Sydney
can be an exciting journey. To help you find the perfect ring for her, here are the five things you need to consider.
Do your own research and familiarise yourself with the different grades of diamond by studying the 4 C’s – Cut, clarity, colour, and carat.
This foundational knowledge will help you understand the real value of a diamond and it will give you a clue if you’re getting your money’s worth.
Only transact with trusted jewellers. Be careful of fake diamonds and jewellery. When purchasing diamonds, make it a point to ask for proof of authentication. An ethically sourced diamond comes with a grading sheet approved by the Gemological Institute of America
The future missus will be wearing the engagement ring for the rest of her life and if you’re clueless as to what style of ring she might like, you can start narrowing down your choices by asking yourself or her friends the following questions:
- What is her fashion sense? Classic, chic, eccentric, sporty, glamorous, or vintage maybe?
- Does she live an active lifestyle or a laidback one?
- Is she drawn to gold, white gold, or rose gold?
- Does she like diamonds or coloured gemstones?
The more you know about your partner, the easier it will be for you to know which ring to buy.
The previous generation’s rule of thumb is to save at least two months’ worth of salary for an engagement ring. But, that’s no longer the case. You are allowed to spend only what you’re comfortable with.
You will find a wide variety of ready to purchase engagement rings from your local jeweller that fits your budget. And you have the option to have the ring customised according to your preferences. At Monty Adams, a custom-made ring only takes three to four weeks to complete.
Read: How Much Does An Engagement Ring Costs?
Once you’ve set the budget and finalised the design, the next step is to find a jeweller who will best fit your needs. You can browse online, visit stores, and read reviews to broaden your choices. Choose a jeweller who is willing to meet your every demand.
The Ring Insurance
Insurance may sound unromantic but peace of mind is important, and getting the ring insured is easier than you think. Your local jeweller may offer it as a rider with your purchase. Here are a few questions before you choose a jewellery insurance policy:
- Is the ring insured if you lose it unintentionally – or only if it gets stolen?
- How will they replace the ring? A replacement can be offered in cash, check, or with another purchase in the same store.
- Is the ring insured fully or only a fraction of the cost?
- What are the requirements needed to claim your insurance?
- What are the circumstances of loss or damage that aren’t covered?
- If your ring is a vintage, how will the quality or size of the diamond be documented?
A reliable jeweller offers protection for the ring as well as other after-sales services that will be beneficial to help maintain your precious jewellery in tip-top condition.
Looking for the best quality engagement rings in Sydney?
Monty Adams Jewellery and Concierge specialises in custom-made engagement rings. Our expert jewellers will assist you in choosing and designing the most special ring for her. We also offer insurance and after-sales services with your purchase. Book your free consultation today.