Pink diamonds are enjoying a steadily rising popularity, thanks to royalties and celebrities.
If you are curious if a pink diamond engagement ring is what you’re looking for, this post is for you. Stunning and exquisite as they come, there are two facts about pink diamonds that everyone should know.
- They are extremely rare;
- Being rare as they are, they are extremely pricey.
There are some things that are too good to be true just like that not everything that glitters is genuine. When trying to purchase a pink diamond, beware of the following:
- Shady and fake sellers, especially online;
- “Jewellers” that might try selling off naturalised stones as genuine
A jewel as scarce as a pink diamond cannot be bought as easily as that. Go to trusted jewellers and jewellery stores to procure this prized gem making sure that it is accompanied by a diamond grading report given by the Gemological Institute of America (GIA).
Check the Colour Grading
Normal diamond colour grading does not apply to pink diamonds. Colour grading for normal diamonds considers the “colourless” ones to be most priceless in contrast to fancy colours wherein the more vivid and deep the shade, the more expensive it will be.
The Gemological Association of America (GIA) has the following colour grading for coloured diamonds: Faint, Very Light, Light, Fancy Light, Fancy, Fancy Intense, Fancy Vivid, Fancy Deep, and Fancy Dark.
Study the Cost
With pink diamonds being hard to find and rarer than most stones, its normal price may not be considered affordable – affordable being relative. The diamond’s price value may skyrocket depending on the cut, clarity, carat, and most especially the colour. A 0.97-carat piece, very light in colour with a few blemishes might still cost more than a bigger diamond with no blemish.
Whatever the size or colour grading may be, one thing is for sure, pink diamonds are not so budget-friendly.
Choose a Ring Setting
After purchasing the diamond, you are only halfway done. Thinking about the ring setting and style for the ring is the next step. Like with normal diamond rings there are a variety of styles and settings you can choose from. However, picking a setting for a pink diamond is trickier because there are no two coloured diamonds with the same exact shade.
- Halo Setting – This setting will make the ring incredibly beautiful with micro pave tiny diamonds surrounding the main pink stone. The illusion and effect would be alluring to look at.
- Three-Stone Setting – The three-stone engagement ring setting is a bold and eye-catching one. By adding two side stones, the pink diamond centre no matter how big or small will be more defined.
- Side Stone Setting – With this setting, the pink centre diamond will shine brightest with smaller diamonds set around the ring band.
If you are still wondering whether to buy a pink diamond or not, then here are 5 Reasons Why a Pink Diamond Engagement Ring is a Smart Choice.
Got any questions?
Monty Adams Jewellery Concierge is ready to offer its expertise to you. If you have questions and ideas you want to be done, our experienced jewellers are here to offer a solution. Book an appointment now.
SUBMIT AN ENQUIRY