Universally speaking, no other season brings out the joyous and festive spirits of people quite like the holidays. It is for this same reason that many people find this time of year to be the perfect opportunity to propose to the love of their lives. After all, to reference that beloved song by Michael Jackson, no greater gift is there than love.
That’s why you shouldn’t just settle for a plain-looking, run-of-the-mill, anyone-can-buy-this-at-the-store kind of engagement ring. If you’re willing to go the extra mile to make your proposal truly one to remember, why not consider having an engagement ring tailor-made to your preferences and expectations?
Here are 10 creative ideas for custom engagement rings that can help you (or perhaps inspire you) to come up with your own concepts.
1. A ring with a band decorated with stones in holiday colours. For this purpose, you would probably want to design your bespoke ring with tiny emeralds or rubies, both of which would go perfectly well with a gold band.
2. A ring with a diamond cut in the shape of an object that represents the holidays. It can be a Christmas tree, a star, or even a gift box! Just think of the first thing that comes to mind when you say the word “Christmas.”
3. A double-banded ring with a stone cut in your preferred shape. Just because you’re proposing over the holidays doesn’t automatically mean your engagement ring of choice has to evoke the season. Your proposal can be just as memorable if you pick a design that stands out in your mind. The double band, on the other hand, represents the union between you and your significant other, a literal representation of two becoming one.
4. A custom-designed engagement ring made of gold, studded with 8 precious stones to represent Santa’s reindeer. It doesn’t matter whether you were naughty or nice this year — this ring will definitely leave your future spouse bright with delight (or at least, as red as Rudolph’s nose).
5. A diamond-studded ring that will sparkle as brightly as the holiday nighttime sky.
6. A monogram ring in festive colours.
7. A layered band with a customised stone. Imagine your soon-to-be-fiancee’s finger decorated with that lovely ring, just like how we hang ornaments around the Christmas tree.
8. A bespoke ring designed to fit with a customised necklace, representing how inseparable you and your soon-to-be fiancee are.
9. A heart-shaped ring that can also be worn as a necklace.
10. A simple band with a noticeably large gem in the center. Sometimes, all you really have to do is to go all-out. A bit of ornamental design can help you here and there, but it’s the stone in the center that will catch your love’s attention.
Are any of these holiday-inspired custom engagement rings special enough to catch your fancy? Or do you have your own bespoke engagement ring concept that you want to turn into a reality? Book an appointment with us, and let’s talk about how we can inject a bit of holiday cheer into your proposal.